ⓘ Tap to expand
- Feed (and fool) your family with these fun April Fools' food ideas, including meat loaf cake, sweet pizza, candy onion rings and more.
- Things You Didn't Know About Carrots? Carrots were first grown in Afghanistan. Crème de Lite, Long Orange and Scarlet Nantes are all types of carrots. Carrots are made up of 88 percent water and come in many colours.
- World Health Day is a global health awareness day celebrated every year on 7 April, under the sponsorship of the World Health Organization, as well as other related organizations.
- In 2005, food historian Mary Gunderson created Eggs Benedict XVI in honor of Pope Benedict XVI, who was born in Germany.
- Great British Beef Week celebrates the work British farmers do to support sustainable production practices on their farms.
- Some people credit the chef Delia Smith for the boost in popularity pigs in blankets received in the 1990s after she included them in a Christmas recipe book. It was around then that supermarkets began to sell them pre-made.
- Time for a Cuppa week is a national campaign that raises funds to support families that face dementia. The campaign runs from 1 to 8 May and encourages people to host a tea party and donate, raising vital funds for life-changing support.